SLC Print - Reports

tadg

How do you get a SLC File or Report to export to a .doc file?
OR can a File/Report be stored in a format that can be read by Word?

Thanks

Tadg

It won't be in a typical Ladder format, but

In RSLogix500, 'file' then 'save as', one of the options for file type is .slc. If you save as a .slc you can give file.slc a new extension(.doc), or right click the file and do 'open with'. I did it as a .txt (see pic)

slc.gif

You could export only database including Add/Symbols description, instruction comments, and tile/rung description into text form for Microsoft Word. However, some long symbols descriptions will be truncated.
Use Tool, ASCII Export
Click on AB APS tab
Check the desired box and name the file
You could edit the same in Word
banghead

I'll have to try this but I'm thinking you could install the generic text printer driver on your computer and then print to a file.

Then this file should be able to be read into word. You will probably have to us a non-proportional font such as Courier to have the thing line up properly on the screen.

RSLogix prints as a graphic file.
Whenever I make any ladder logic changes, I use Adobe Acrobat Distiller to print changes to a pdf file. Adobe Acrobat Distiller comes with Adobe Acrobat version 5 (not Adobe Acrobat Reader). You can then E-mail the pdf file and use Acrobat Reader, which is free to open or print it.

Bitmaps

If you REALLY want to have a Word document with the RSLogix rungs in all their glory, there is a way.

In RSLogix, select A SINGLE RUNG of code and do CTRL+C copy.

In Word, go to the Edit Menu and select PASTE SPECIAL, and then paste the object as a Bitmap instead of the default "Unformatted text"

Unfortunately, you can only copy and paste one rung at a time this way. Multiple rung selections result in only text-based pasting.

One tip: When dealing with bitmaps in Word, I find it best to uncheck the "Float Over Text" option. The bitmap gets placed in the paragraph this way, and stays with the paragraph. If you leave it floating, you can accidentally have one bitmap floating over another, with poor results.

God luck