slc5/04 communication problem

I recomment also check that your serial port on the laptop is also working fine. make a commention with any other device that suport serial communiation.
because once i was also communiationg with serial port and was not be able to communicate and after that came to know that serial port of Laptop is not working,repalcing the laptop work for me.
try it and then us know!
one more thing that you can try is to change the station # aswell.
wish u best of luck

Last edited:
The channel configs was DF1 slave Driver and DH+ for channel 0 and 1. I was wrong with my last one, may be i was looking with the program that has been change.

attached here tha copy of .RSS file.

Thank you so much for all your help.

benjie007,
Because your SLC5/04 serial port is configured for DF1 Half Duplex Slave,
you need to use the "DF1 Polling Master Driver" in RsLinx. ( delete all other drivers)
Leave the driver's station address at 0 (your SLC5/04 is set to 1)
Under Define Polling List add 1 to the normal Stations.
Set Port Configuration to:
Com 1
Stop 1
Parity Even

The rest of the tabs can be left at there default settings.

The cable you have above 1747-CP3 is the right cable ( its a null-modem cable)

After RsLinx shows a connection. Open RSLogix500 and your SLC5/04's program.
Select COMM-Click on Who Active Go Online-Highlight your controller- Then click ok.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Cp-3

I always use a cp3 cable for DF1 but you can use a regular straight up cable with a null modem adapter on it.
I can load your file tomorrow on a used 5/04 at the shop and tweak it so you can get onto it also I got piles of them left over from my upgrades to 5/05 processors send me a PM if you want .........