SLC500 hardware to equivalent ControlLogix

IvanJoseph

Hi. Is there a guide/software how to get the equivalent ControlLogix hardware of a SLC500? I tried to research but can't find any or maybe I should compare each model number (looks like a lot of time).

Thanks.

How much time? Specifying I/O modules based on an existing system should take about 5 minutes. For processors, any Logix platform CPU will handle anything a 500 processor could have.

Download ProposalWorks from Rockwell/AB, you can at least generate a BOM pretty quickly.

Most of the documentation is about the time-consuming part - the software, as there are a number of things to check after you convert.

What hardware do you have, cos unless you have some special modules, selecting new ones is straightforward....?

Moving to CompactLogix is probably the better move, ControlLogix is overkill for a SLC replacement unless you have specific needs.

IAB (Integrated Architecture Builder) has a migration wizard for SLC to CompactLogix hardware conversions. I was just getting familiar with it yesterday so don't know many details.

If you look at technote 471083 (which is specific to an 1747-AENTR) there is a power point attached to the bottom of the technote which shows using IAB to to identify CompactLogix repalcement hardware for a SLC chassis. Worth checking out.