SoftLogix 5800 PLC require download after PC Reboot??

transit

We are running SoftLogix PLC with RSLogix 5000. Both at V. 19 currently. Every time we save the project and reboot the computer, after starting up RSLogix, it always require a download to get online; instead of going straight online despite the fact there's no change done to the project. It's as if there's an older project loaded back in the PLC...

So far, I have no luck with RA people and I've upgraded RSLinx to the latest version V. 3.6 and still no luck.

We notice such a problem with Server 2008 and Win 7.

Has anyone experienced such a problem?

I appreciate all the help!
Eric

I don't use SoftLogix 5800 specifically, but I know it has 'persistent storage' that is similar to the 'nonvolatile storage' on a hardware ControlLogix.

Does the controller reboot with a fault, or does it just have a blank user program ? Have you configured the nonvolatile 'Store/Load' functions of the controller ?

I know that DEP can interfere with SoftLogix 5800, and that SoftLogix 5800 relies on the Virtual Backplane driver of RSLinx Classic to run.

Thanks, Ken for getting back to me.

The DEP was turned off for GE's iFix so that's out of the picture.

I tried finding non-volatile storage with no luck.. Not sure if it's got to do with the controller (softlogix) or the RSLogix version.

When the computer starts back up, you can see it's loaded with the same program; even same serial number. When you start iFix, you can read/write all the tag values on the HMI. And no fault on the PLC, it was in run mode just like it should during restart. But it's like the program is outdated or has been modified, which prompt the controller to require a download in order to be online.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

I checked my copy of RSLogix 5000 and I was wrong about the nonvolatile storage option; it's removed from the Controller Properties for the SL5800 controller.

I also misunderstood your issue; the program is still present, and running correctly. It's RSLogix 5000 that can't correlate with the controller.

Can you do an upload in order to go online, rather than a download ?

Is RSLogix 5000 running on the same computer as SoftLogix 5800 ?

This may be something specific to SL5800 that you'll have to sort out with RA.

Yes I can upload/download no problem.

Yes RSLogix 5000 and Softlogix 5800 are running on the same computer.

It's just weird that we used to reboot our older OS (Win XP, 2003, Win 2000, older) with no problem; you can just go straight online without downloading/uploading. now with Server 2008, I will have to download and our projects are 10MB+ and this can become a time issue when you have a exothermic reaction going on out on the floor and your server is down..

@OG, yes we are running on Standard Server 2008 SP2 32-bit. It used to be a nightmare running on 64-bit, that's why all our servers now are running on 32-bit.

RA has been little or no help; the use of virtual PLC is in such a small demand they tend to just ignore our problem.. O well, try again!