Softlogix5 and control Logix talk to each other

tx4129 said:
what kind of communication for Softlogix5 and Control logix communicate each other?

I have used DH+ messaging, on a Clgx that had the DHRIO card and Softlogix5 that had a PKTX(D) cards with RIO and DH+. In theory Softlogix5 on a PC with ethernet should emulate a PLC5/ XXE ( Ethernet ) processor, so possibly ethernet messaging is alos possible.

Ian

curlyandshemp said:
I have used DH+ messaging, on a Clgx that had the DHRIO card and Softlogix5 that had a PKTX(D) cards with RIO and DH+. In theory Softlogix5 on a PC with ethernet should emulate a PLC5/ XXE ( Ethernet ) processor, so possibly ethernet messaging is alos possible.

Ian
Thank you

I can not message softlogix and contorl logix via ethernet due to no softlogix controller in the CLX list. for softlogix and PLC5 5/80E is good.
Anyway, Thank you for DH+ idea

tx4129 said:
Thank you

I can not message softlogix and contorl logix via ethernet due to no softlogix controller in the CLX list. for softlogix and PLC5 5/80E is good.
Anyway, Thank you for DH+ idea

Are you trying to use Produced/Consumed tags via ethernet ?
Try using a MSG instruction in the contrologix using the PLC5 type Read/Write, and the path would be using ethernet

Ian

tx4129 said:
Yes, I have used produced/Consumed tags between SLX and CLX but it does not work.

Use the MSG instruction with the Contrologix initiating the reads and writes. A PLC5 type read/write should work as the Softlogix5 appears as an ethernet PLC5

Ian
Yes I used MSG instruction CLX read directly to SLX but still not work,the MSG instruction in CLX does not enable. any idea please?

tx4129 said:
Ian
Yes I used MSG instruction CLX read directly to SLX but still not work,the MSG instruction in CLX does not enable. any idea please?

Can you post a screen snapshot of the message instruction and its configuration, or post your application.

curlyandshemp said:
Can you post a screen snapshot of the message instruction and its configuration, or post your application.

This is message from Clgx to a SLC 5/05 via ethernet

message_1.jpg

message_2.jpg

message_3.jpg

control logix write to softlogix
We use Message type is PLC5 Type Write due to no Softlogix type in the list.

Thank you for your info.