SoMachine Modbus RTU read value

labik

Hello,

I'm having a problem with configration and programming of modbus in SoMachine.

My project contains HMISCU8B5 (HMI with PLC) and I've added 'Modbus Manager' for COM1 The other device will be connected to this port and I would like to read data from it. Let's say it will have address 1.

As far as I know I should use ADDM and READ_VAR function blocks. How should I configure them to read temperature from device. Temperature addres is 40002. How should I set those blocks to continuously read value?

Any help will be appriciated. Thanks

Hi iam using ABB 800xA software...i need to use set a password for pump run hours reset , operator should not have direct authority to reset the pump drive running hours...How can do the programming ...Is it possible in VB scripting or is there any readymade password block? Please suggest me!!!! Vinayak Mulay

Hi iam using ABB 800xA software...i need to use set a password for pump run hours reset , operator should not have direct authority to reset the pump drive running hours...How can do the programming ...Is it possible in VB scripting or is there any readymade password block? Please suggest me!!!! Vinayak Mulay
You can create a script as below. iPasswordUser is a numeric display input.

if (iPasswordUser.getIntValue() == 1234)
{
xPasswordOK.write(1);
}
else
{
xPasswordOK.write(0);
}