STATUS FILE translating PLC 5 to RSlogix 5000

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a s:7 status problem which is, as I could found related to the 0-7 racks of the plc (PLC 5) . However I tried to search in the GSV block function and couldnt find nothing similar to this status error (RSLOGIX5000). Anyone knows if there is any similar sintaxis to the s:7 status file of the plc5 ??

thanks!!

S:7 in the PLC-5 are Global Status bits for the first eight Remote I/O racks.

ControlLogix backplane and network connections to I/O modules also have connection and status diagnostics, and again they are usually accessed via the GSV instruction.

There is an entire programming manual dedicated to status and fault diagnostic programming, and it includes the standard method of using the GSV instruction to read the MODULE object's STATUS attribute.

The topic has also been discussed in detail on this Forum many times.

The manual is the Logix 5000 Controllers Major, Minor, and I/O Faults Programming Guide, RA Publication number 1756-PM014.

If you post details about the I/O network and modules you are using, Forum members may be able to give you additional specific advice.