STEP 7 simatic manager and field PG problem.

Hi all,
My siemens field PG is not getting on suspected some hardware fault, now to hook up with S7 400 PLC i have installed simatic manager in a different laptop but the license remains in the PG which i am unable to transfer. I have installed simatic manager in a different laptop and used a basic step 7 license available ,
when i get online in logic and i can view in run mode but unable to search the variables options or go to option by search, seems any problem with basic license or how can i set this right ...🤞🏻
till the time i buy a fresh engg software step 7 with license??
I wanted to search variables by right mouse click and go to read/write options.

The license in the PG is probably a PRO since your refer to the other as BASIC.

With BASIC you can download and go online, and also search addresses, no problem.
PRO is the same as BASIC, except it also includes GRAPH, SCL and PLCSIM.

ok thanks do i need to copy the symbols of address description from backup program as i have uploaded the current from the PLC, maybe i need to then check the search variables process.

You should use the backup with symbols and declarations to work on.

If you are in doubt if your backup matches the PLC program, then do an offline/online compare.