STEP7 Data Upload from CPU S7-300

ICS-Engine

I've tried few options to upload data from the cpu (WITHOUT having to stop/run the cpu again, but struggle a bit.
Please help-out if you can!

My purpose: Attempting to upload data values like PID parameters and other plant settings (e.g. entered from a SCADA) from the CPU to a .DAT file. These files can be saved to your hard disk as part of a daily backup routine.

1. Upload Station to PG (config & program)- not working as full prog code is uploaded and takes very long.
2. Copy RAM to ROM - NO! as this copies all prog. sections, not data.
3. Download prog to Memory Card - NO! it says it all.

Why is Siemens so tricky?
I CAN DO IT IN UNITY IN 5 SECS.! WITHOUT STOPPING THE PLC.

where do I miss the boat?

Make a copy of the project.

In the project manager go to the blocks for the PLC in the copy and then select the online switch on the toolbar above.

You will see 2 projects, one the off-line, the other the on-line (it will be lighter blue and may take a bit of time to come up).

Copy and Paste the DB's you want.

Word of caution, if the offline DB date doesn't match the one in the PLC you may lose your DB symbols (thats why the copy up front).

This usually works OK for me, you have the DB's which you can convert to text and save as you want.