Step7 - Profinet & HW-Config

RMA

I'm busy playing with my first Profinet project and I've got a curious problem where I'm not sure if the problem is a real one or a Siemens bug.

The situation is that I've got a high-voltage module connected to a Siemens PC-Station running WinAC via an ET200s. Since the module is running up to 24 kV the ET200s is running a fiber-optic output. This signal is then converted to standard copper wiring in a Scalance X101-1POF unmanaged media converter.

I suspect that the problem arises because there is no Scalance X100 device in the HW-Config library so in HW-Config the ET200s is directly connected to Port1 of the WinAC.

After getting this far having solved various problems of configuration on the way, everything works fine, or at least, seems to, but I don't like continually getting error messages I can't get rid of!

So the question is, is this just a Siemens bug, which I can cheerfully ignore, or is there some (possibly minor) problém, which I'm not seeing, which might turn round and bite me some time in the future?

HW_Config.jpg

Hmh, but it says it changed connection from P1 to P2 at scalance. It also talks about irt, have you checked config of cpu that irt is disabled?

When you righ click on PN interface and select topology you can configure topology with X100's.

Hmh, but it says it changed connection from P1 to P2 at scalance.
Yes, that was the first thing that irritated me. Each time I recompile I get the same message although it says it has changed the connection.

When you righ click on PN interface and select topology you can configure topology with X100's.
I did fall over the topology configuration once, but I can't remember how I got there!

Where exactly do I need to right click, in Netconfig, HW-Config, System Configurator or where?

Edit: I found it, right click on the Industrial Ethernet green line. Will give it a try and see if I can change something.

By the way what do the colours mean, I don't see anything in the help file, in particular yellow background in the Table view and brown/orange as opposed to green square?

Edit 2: Having shrunk the graphic view so that I could see everything apparently the orange square denots a fiber-optic connection. Still not sure what the yellow background in the table view is trying to tell me though.

Last edited: