Step7 Software Hang Ups, Configuration Editor.

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
My Win XP with Step7 installed recently started to run the configuration editor on startup. Perhaps it alway has but did so quickly and wasn't noticed. Now it hangs up displaying a progress bar indicating that it is %5 done but never proceeds from there. I go into the task manager and the s7oiehex.exe task is taking 97%-100% of the time. This is inexcusable. So I kill the task and any subtasks but then s7epatsx.exe starts hogging all the CPU time and brings my computer to a crawl again.

Is there a cure for this besides reinstalling Step7?

Similar Topics

Hi all, I would like to introduce my software for emulation of conveyor systems. This programm provides you to create some objects as conveyors...
Replies
Views
I have an opportunity to quote an HMI project for one of my customers. It's a small project, and the customer is not the type with deep pockets...
Replies
Views
hi frnds, i need information abt step 7 software.can anybody help me to find manual to learn?
Replies
Views
i need to program the s7 300 modular by pc how do i get the software? do i have to buy it? how much does it cost?
Replies
Views
Hello all members, I am using STEP7 (Version 5.4 SP1) and I would like to update the hardware catalogue files. Can any body send to me the updated...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom