Stratix 5400 vs 5800

Shane Beck

Can someone tell me the major difference between the Stratix 5400 and 5800 series?

Looking at the data sheets depending on the part number you choose, you can get all the same features on both. They both do layer 2 and 3 and both do NAT.

Roughly the same max ports. One is modular and the other is not but not much different if it barely affects the port count.

What's the major difference I am missing? Both of these are newer and active products.

Stratix 5800 is a new high end modular platform that replaced old Stratix 8000.
When used with expansion modules it has more ports than 5400.
5800 is relatively new, some new model were released recently, while Stratix 5400 was introduced in 2014-2015 time frame.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi all. I am trying to sync my computer time to the time displayed on the switch because the time on the errors and everything else is completely...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a stratix 5400 switch connected to a 1756-L83E controller via ethernet and I am trying to monitor the DLR network of the switch...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I have a network topology that is using 5 Stratix 5400 switches that has 2 separate DLR networks configured. The DLR ports are set to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a couple of machines on a network, characterized by the attached picture. The network isn't that complicated, and seems to be...
Replies
Views
Hello All. I am currently working on a project where the client has specified that we cannot use Allen Bradley materials. As a result I need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom