Stuck Trying to Reconfigure Legacy Anybus Eth/Profibus gateway

Dryhops

We have a keg check weigher that that lost a fight to a forklift. The scale was previously a Systec IT3000, which was the only PROFIBUS slave device to an Anybus AB7800-C PROFIBUS master to ethernet gateway. The scale is now obsolete and we are trying to configure it's successor the Systec IT3 to communicate with the gateway.

I have figured out how to address the scale and assigned it '3', but this is just a guess to determine what the gateway is expecting. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be writing any data to the gateway->PLC. I do not known what the address originally was, and I can't find any documentation describing the input/output bytes of the gateway. At this point, I am unsure if I just have the wrong address, or if the new scale has an entirely different data structure that the gateway isn't configured to receive and transmit.

I think my best next step is to get access to this Anybus, but keep hitting dead ends. The gateway is a legacy product, and Anybus's legacy support documentation and downloads is literally blank. It seems like I need the Anybus Configuration Manager software, which isn't available on their site, or even on the sketchy corners of the internet.

In short:
-Does anyone have the Legacy Anybus configuration manager software for ethernet to profibus master?
-Is there another way to determine if I have the right address on the scale? Probably just going to start brute forcing through addresses soon
-I don't have experience with profibus other than this scale. Any additional insight is welcome

Thanks for your time

attachment.php

attachment.php

profibus.jpg scale.jpg

Do you know the IP address of the AnyBus adapter? There may be some helpful information if you browse to that IP in a web browser.

Appreciate the suggestion - it does have a web interface, and some limited diagnostics. I gave it another look and it offers some new helpful information. It does seem to recognize a slave at address 3, but the fieldbus status is offline. I know from the PLC the only two operations are reading the weight and resetting the scale, so that probably accounts for the input i/o bytes. Any idea if the Anybus will completely reject the output if it isn't equal to 10 bytes? Or would I just get a subset of the data?

Really wish it would allow configuration of gateway over ethernet rather than requiring additional software and a serial connection.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG

Just to be sure, did you set the termination resistors on the profibus cable? You may need to adjust the bus speed also. Most default to 1.5mega baud, but your scale may be higher.