student requiring help

Rorr

Hello

Im studying for an HNC Measurement & control engineering in Edinburgh. Ive attached an exercise I have to do and would appreciate any help for including a rung ladder digram. We use the RS logix 500 software. I hope to get to grips of this before exams in March!

On the exercise attached I understand the process but cant do the diagram on RS logix.

Thanks

Rory

If you do a little searching here on the Forum, you will find that a special degree of scorn and disgust is reserved for students who post their homework assignments and show no effort.

Please don't be one of those guys. There's still time.

The assignment includes a list of deliverables:

Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]design software that is valid and that simulates the safe control of the industrial process
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]correctly allocate PLC input and output addresses
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]correctly enter the program into the PLC
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]edit the PLC program
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]demonstrate effective testing procedures
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]demonstrate the correct operation of the PLC program via the PLC indicating LEDs or an existing mimic panel
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]produce a report that includes the following:
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]a description of the control system for the given process
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]allocation of PLC inputs and outputs
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]a ladder diagram of the PLC program
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]an explanation of the operation of the program
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]an explanation of the safety features that have been incorporated in the application of the PLC

Only one of those is a ladder diagram. Since you claim to "understand the process", why don't you show the work you have done already, and maybe somebody will be inspired to assist you with entering the RSLogix 500 ladder code.

Writing ladder code is the last thing you should do when defining an industrial control process. The first thing is called a P&ID: Piping and Instrument Diagram. In simplified format, it's a diagram showing the process and the instruments that you're using, like sensor and motors and pumps and valves.

Some automation engineers like to write narratives, others use flowcharts.

Start at the beginning, with the description of the instruments involved. If you have physical hardware you're going to test this on in a school lab, describe that hardware with part numbers and details.

Scotsmen are the finest engineers in the world and you've got a tradition to uphold.

thanks for the advice

appreciate your guidance. I am working on an exercise and as I say I hope to make sense of a rung diagram and work backwards to understand how it is put together. I have barely used the rung program.

I have not attached my work as it is written - to be honest not looking for it to be marked on here , thats why I'm in college

I have not attached my work as it is written - to be honest not looking for it to be marked on here , thats why I'm in college

Thats not an attitude thats going to endear you to the members here.

You can't expect to post a specification for a project and get the ladder written\explained for you, if you had done at least something and asked specific questions about problems you were having with the code you might have got furter.

Most people on here have very busy full time jobs to do too, we dont just sit here waiting for questions from uni students to help them with their homework, we are here to help each other with genuine problems in our day to day work.

Hope you can see why you got the answer you got from Eddie ?

You understand the process that is good. Now write out step by step what happens in the process. This will help organize it for you and is first layer in foundation to getting to next step identifying sensors then identifying the inputs and output numbers for each sensor / actuator.

This is a very much hands on oriented outfit. We will want to see your work. Yes we will comment on it
BUT
you are the one asking for help so you need the comments.

Dan Bentler