Studio 5000 32.03.01 serious lag when typing or editing ST.

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just updated to Studio 5000 32.03.01 and now I have serious lag whenever I am editing a Structured Text Routine. I type something and it it will take 2 or 3 seconds for the characters to appear on the screen, same with deleting. Also the same with selecting text with the mouse. sometimes the lag is longer up to 5 seconds.

It's basically unusable at this point it is so sluggish.

Ideas?

Last edited:
per you suggestion I just tried it. Not sure if it made any difference it is still really Laggy.

I just PMed you a video.

I even changed my editor colors back to the blinding white on a wild hair and still nothing.

So I run 5000 in a VM (VMware Workstation).

I contacted TechConnect support and after waiting for like 5 days they told me to check to make sure I had 3D Acceleration disabled for the VM. It was enabled, so I disabled it. The problem seems to have gone away.

I don't remember enabling it but maybe it happened when I updated the VM hardware to version 16, that was about the same time I noticed the problem.