Sunday morning, going down

Mark Buskell

Well another holiday weekend and I am getting ready to head out the door for a 4 hour drive to a customer's site. It seems in our business, we always end up working holidays. This customer normally runs 7 days a week and lucky me they are not running tomorrow so I will spend another holiday upgrading systems. The money's great, the wife has learned to accept it so I guess I should not complain to much.

On another note, I am learning/developing a system using RSView32 7.0, PL5/20 and RSLinx. Where in that #%$&@ing stupid documetation does in mention that you have to enable alarms for them to show up. You wouldn't believe how much time I wasted figuring that one out. I sometimes think the A-B gives vague documentation just to get users to pay even more to attend their classes.

After becoming self employed I found out that customers have a differant rules for us, versus themselves and their own people.

Holiday is a good nights rest, or actually a Saturday and Sunday off.

Vacation is slack time when the customer said to show up, but is not ready when he said he would be.

Rush jobs always seem to be hurry up and wait. Get everything ready and running, then they are short materials or manpower, or their focus has changed. Or some other contractor forgot to finish hooking up an air or water line.

Doubt if it ever changes.

ONCE I had a customer thank me for working the holiday. Wish he would have been sincere.

regards....casey