Suspicious Error Message on FT View SE

jfd7851

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a strange problem that does not seem to have much documentation. Two of our systems that run on FactoryTalk View SE, displayed an error message of:

"Your user account session has expired due to a status change in the user account. This user session will be logged out. You will be required to log in again or login a different user to continue"

I used Rockwell Technote #61770, but I have not been able to QC it enough to know if it is a fix. I checked the assignments and rights of the user groups also.I have never encountered this error, but find it strange that two different systems had this happen at the same time.

If anyone has any experience with this or any tips on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've not seen that exact message before, but this would be my suspicion...

If your users are Windows-Linked users (e.g. domain users) then it's quite possible that the user account on the domain controller was updated in some way. Maybe it's relevant to the SCADA, maybe it's not, but in any case, the SCADA will "expire" the login, forcing you to log back in so it can re-check that the user still has the required permissions.

I suppose the same thing could possibly happen if you weren't using Windows-linked users, and modified a user profile in FTView Studio or Admin Center.

If it happened on two systems at once, I'd say that the affected user or users just happened to be logged in on those two clients when the change was made.

Complete speculation, of course, but that would be my initial hunch.