TagName/Instrument Loop/PLC&Control Wire Database???

tarrant79

I was wondering if anyone had an success finding a Database driven managment program that can save&print all the following:

1)ICP/Panel control wire labeling
2)Instrument Loop wire&labeling + Setpoints/Spans + Scheduled Maintanence
3)Physical PLC IOlists + PLC soft Taglists + HMI Taglists

Basically, a Maintence/Instrument/PLC management system on steriods that can handle every piece of copper, instrument, PLC, digital wiring(PLC tags/HMI tags)..............In one place and also all referenced together.

I've tried working with ACM(AlleNBradley Code Manager), but it seems more concerned with PLC programming logic(Routines/AOIs/UDTs, etc) and less concerned with store housing the Tagnames from copper to Input module to Soft PLC TagNames to HMI Tagnames.

Any advice would be appreciated.........

There are many ways of creating such a database. In my experience most are hard wired in the system. With the PLC tag data kept in its CPU area.
I have not seen the AB ACM. ( I’m an old **** ).
I suggest you set up your drawing / wiring standards
- introduce quality references- like mapping.
Autocad or similar can co- relate that.
Personally- I prefer to see tag numbers (5) on all wiring.
Tag Names are great. BUT, only 5. As printed tags are too long to find in a large installation.