Ti 505 pid

I just looked through my reference manual, I do not see anyway of enabling/disabling loops from ladder. You could always have the loop output going to an intermediate V address, and then use ladder to either pass the loop output to the analog output or some other value.

I have one control valve that has two loops controlling it, one is based on pressure, and one on temperature, depending on the I have each loop output to a V address, then depending on the circumstances, I move the appropriate V to the WY address.

Something like this:
If temp mode AND Not pressure mode, then move temp. loop output to WY100
If pressure mode AND not temp mode, then move press. loop output to WY100.

If you could provide more details on the application, we may be able to offer other possible solutions.

Last edited:
I am doing in the same way, but its not only PLC, but SCADA(CITECT) as well and customers are used to with Siemens. Ad they asked me to find better way to show the PIDs disabled when they are not in use, like not required to give output for Valve.
If there is a limitation with TI505 then I guess we cant do much.

Hello Janiamit

Do you only want to show if your valve is controlled by the loop output (LMN) or by the
Program it self?
When you program this out so that for example V1.1 is ON when Valve is controlled by Loop or V1.1 is OFF when valve is controlled by the Program it self and then show this status on the Scada by using V1.1 .
Or do you want the operators to be able to modify Loop parameters itself by setting values through the scada or do you want to show the loop numbers on the scada that are not in auto mode?

Regards
Henny