Ti505 - Flash Program

zombie99

Hello everyone, this is a noob speaking. I have no idea about plc's, just some basic things.

So, I work at a factory in greece and we have a ti505 here that has lost programming.

I do have the program and the hardware to program it, I can connect and go online (this is how it refers when you're connected) but I can't figure out how to "sideload" the program from the pc to the plc.

Can anyone please help me ? It's for indrustrial issues.

Thanks in advance.

( I'm sure the terminology is not correct but I can't think of other words to describe my problem, please respect my ignorance on plc's :) :D )

#1 make a backup of the program from the PC to a USB thumb drive, maybe two backups, and put those thumb drives in a drawer.

#2 you will need to find the option in the programming software to transfer the program, and perhaps some configuration settings, from the PC to the PLC. If you are using TISOFT, then it looks like the link below may help; I suggest you read this manual carefully and extensively before proceeding.

https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/681/17518681/att_94517/v1/TS505-8101-7.pdf

Shaking the rust off the 505 memory cells....

If the CPU is refusing the download, while online, go to PLC Operations and click Complete Restart. Re-connect, then in PLC Operations check the setting of Program Source. If it is set to EEPROM try changing to RAM.

Much of this depends on which CPU model you have, and the software and version you are using. If problems persist let us know additional information.