Tia Portal how to compare wstring and display on hmi

stu

hi all i hope your well
i have got 2 plcs a siemens 1500 and 1200 comunicating a data black only 2 values in a wstring i need to get a code Pac123456789 into a1200 which is there using a datablock
which i would like to do two things 1 - check that a vision qr code = that value and 2- i would like to display that on the hmi ?
i tried moving the db7 data to hmi wstring tag and the tag was red (data type not permitted here message)

can you point me in the right direction please thanks stu

DB7.PNG DB7 MOVE.PNG

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm just trying to work out how to compare a variant type. The variant input parameter needs to be compared with a min and max limit. If it...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, In TIA Portal, I observed a 'Less than' Instruction transition to TRUE when the compared value is not less than the desired stated...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a very strange problem with the tia portal. I download my program into a CPU319 plc. And everyting works just fine and i can go...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Someone at work has put a PLC system on my desk, that's just been taken off an idle production line. He said "It's an S7 PLC. We don't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I'm new with Allen Bradley, but I have experience with Tia portal (s7 1200 ,s7 1500) I want to convert my project from Tia portal to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom