TIA Portal UserView Showing users without logging in

thewalkerist

Hello everyone,

its been a long time since i came back here but i really have no where else to turn. Normally i like to try and fail and try again until i find the right way to do things but i cant really wrap my head around this one. Lets start.

I have a user view, and its working without a problem but its not good visually. Normally if i dont log in and open up the user view there is nothing, just a blank page with no information in it. I want to be able to see the usernames there and choose a user to log in as.

If i login as administrator i can see every user and edit their passwords and whatnot. I want to be able to open up the userview without any user logging in and see every user name. And then when i click on the password i can then click easily on the user i wish to log in as.

Thanks in advance!

The way security works in this day and age, you are definitely not allowed to get a list of users for anyone to see. That would be a weakness that a malicious attacker could exploit.
And since the trend is that security is being tightened everywhere, that is not going to change.

There is the option to logon with only the password, no username entry. Maybe that can make it more user-friendly.

So this wont serve my purpose as well. It only makes it possible to join with passwords but i still cant see which user im logging in as :D