TiaPortal how can i change a text in the screen from the screen and save it?

thewalkerist

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to build a HMI(KTP400 basic) for myself. I have some UDT data and use these UDT data for 20~ fruit/vegetable types and they all share the same variables but these variables will have different value in every type of fruit/vegetable. Now i created a screen for the two of these Fruits/vegetables and named them "Preset 1" and "Preset 2".

When i click the "Customize" button a new screen comes out with my variables so that i can edit them. But i want to add the option to change the name of the preset so that i after i am done with my editing i can change the name of the "Preset 1" to something like "Potato Setting".

And after i change the name to Potato Setting from the editing screen i want the name of the setting to change in the previous screen aswell.

How can i do that?

Screenshot (837).png

I thought of maybe adding another variable and name it "Preset_Name" then i can call it from anywhere i want but i still dont know how to change it though

Ok so i think i am on the right track here. So here i created 2 new variables and named them Preset_Name and Preset_Number. Now i'm gonna use the Preset_Number to identify which preset i am at(still gonna figure that out :D) and im gonna use that Preset_Name to store and change my names for my presets.

So my preset name will be the same as my other variables. Im gonna change it whenever i want to and im gonna use I/O fields to see which preset im at. But this sparks another question for me though. I know that Preset_Number will be my only constant that will never change. And i know that i will use those values to change my variables. But i dont know how.

I guess after i press the button to change preset i will use move blocks to change the Preset_Number of the Preset[0] and im gonna use comparators to check for the preset[0]'s Preset_Number and if it is equals to lets say 15 then im gonna move every variable to the Preset[0]. Preset[0] is my execution Preset of sorts.

Screenshot (840).png

I dont know what happened but i guess i solved the problem while i was writing about it :D Im gonna see if this works or not and im gonna update you guys about it later

And wont i have to put every single one of my 200 values into the recipe window? Cant i just shove my entire data block in there somehow :D

OK so from what i understand(Looking up about them right now), i dont need to have like 200 different values. I just use the original 10 values and with the help of the recipe view i can add, delete, see and change the name/values without creating additional tags. This is amazing.