Unitronics V530 Pull Program and Load into new unit

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
I have a customer that has a V530 that the screen died on him. He has asked me to come out and pull the old program out of the bad unit and put it into a new unit he has ordered.

I have never worked with any Unitronics products before. I have downloaded VisiLogic Software from the website. Is that all I need? Does the version of the software matter?

So is it as simple as connecting to the unit and doing a Upload. Then connecting to the new unit and doing a download? Or is there more to it than that?

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

I think that's possible, never had to do it myself since I've always had the original program.

Just be aware that model only has an RS232 port for programming, with an RJ11 plug required. You can make your own if needed, but i think they normally supply one in the box so worth checking with your client what has turned up.

Hello Bullzi

If the program in the V530 has been downloaded with let,s say upload option( don,t remember the exact name in visilogic) then you can do that. Otherwise it,s not possible. To find out connect to the unit with Visilogic and try to upload. Then Visilogic will give you a message if this is possible or not. Can also be that the program is protected with a password. But you Will find out When connecting to the unit.

Kind regards
Henny

As Henny has said, as long as the tick box was checked that allows an upload, then you will be fine.

There is an SD card in some of the unitronics, not sure about the V530.

It might be as simple as pulling the SD card and plugging it into the new unit.

Cheers

Mark