Upgrade Simatic Manager

randy

Supporting Member
What would be the advantage to upgrade from Simatic Manager 5.4 SP4 to Simatic Professional?

I’m starting to get comfortable with the Siemens coming from a Rockwell environment.

Randy

You get PLCSIM, GRAPH and SCL.

Additionally, if you buy the SUS contract now, the price will be discounted and you will get the new TIA Portal with STEP7 v11 when it is released sometime in April.

The main one is that you get a simulator bundled with Pro (you can buy the simulator separately if you want). I find the simulator to be excellent. You can download to it, go online, modify inputs and see the effects etc. A great way of testing code and learning new ways of doing things.

;-)

One other thing.
Regardless if you buy the SUS contract or not, your STEP7 will be upgraded to v5.5 in addition to adding the option software packages.
You will really need this as Siemens is launching CPUs that can only be handled by the latest version of STEP7.

just to get portail with the S.U.S., i believe it's a good move.

You also get an updated hardware library even if it is free to be downloaded...

I personnaly never used the other "pro" feature like the simulator as i the luck to always have the hardware ready for my tests but it's a powerfull feature for peoples develloping code without the hardware...

The next soft should be able to program all the Siemens line from 1200 to 400 and HMI. Yes it will be slightly different as i have been told: It should looks like the actual tia 10.5 for the 1200 but i hop with less bugs and a "undo" fonction!