Upgrade Step 7 version and Operating system

Riche Robledo

Good day to all..

I was previously using Simatic Manager Step 7 Version 5.4 SP 3.1 in my laptop with operating system MS XP Professional. I have copied all the programs that I have done and I could open it before.

When i decided to upgrade my operating system to Windows 7 ultimate and also use compatible Simatic Manager Step 7 version 5.5 SP 1, The copied programs (from my old version S7 Simatic Manager) are not able to open it now.

What would i do now? Is it possible that different version could not open the programs? I was not knowing it happen this.
Someone having experience like this pls. share with me what should i do?

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated...:sleep:

Thanks...
RR

You should have no problems opening projects from Step7 version 5.4 in version 5.5. I have opened projects saved in version 5.5 in version 5.4 before now. Admittedly the projects were archived and then retrieved rather than copied across.

When you say you copied the programs over, what did you copy (exactly)?
The best way is to use the archive / retrieve function .

I don't think that archive/retrieve is better then copying the data to/from somewhere. it only fires up pkzip to do the job... it's not anything magical.

You say you can't open the project with the new installed version, correct?
You can't just open it or is there any error message?

Thank you very much for all your support and suggestion...

Honestly I don't know how to use archive / retrieve function to open it my old programs and that is the reason I'm sure why i cant open it....

Since, I followed your all suggestion to use archive/retrieve function, I could open it now my old programs...

Respectfully and I'm very happy!
RR