Upgrade step5 to step7

Alpha

Hi, everyone,
Ours PLC is step5(CPU928B, with IM308B conect to ET200U, CP525 communicate with PC), we want upgrade it to step7:
Does ET200U can use in new system?
Do we need a CP module to communicate with PC(Current loop)?
I have try to config the system with S7v5.1 HW config like this. In this system I try to use CP440 communicate to PC.In the picture, you can find the ET200U, but I have not ET200 I/O module in my catalog.
Thanks.

winder.gif

Hi Alpha,

You've got several options, you could re-use your old S5 I/O and simply change your CPU. Or U could replace your complete PLC. When you go for the last option then you've got several option concerning the communiction with the PC. A good replacement for the CP525 is an ethernet connection (CP343-1 or CP443-1) if you would like to use Profibus then you need an Profibus FMS for pc connection (CP343-5 or CP443-5)

Bye

For some reason, this PLC system is a part of the DCS, This DCS use VALMET(usually used in papermaking) system, and we can not modify this system's design. So we had to keep the current loop communication and originally PROFIBUS device.Thank you.