Using 1771-SDN for plc500

Start simple: create two array tags that have a datatype of INT[62], and make the Block Transfer message number of elements equal to 62.

C594_DNet_Input[0] will be the Destination Element for the BTR message.
C594_DNet_Output[0] will be the Source Element for the BTW message.

Start with those two array tags before moving on to any sort of aliasing or copying into and out of UDTs.

C504_DNet_Output[0].0 will be the SDN RUN bit.

C504_DNet_Input[1] will be the first word of data mapped into the ControlLogix from the DeviceNet.

C504_DNet_Output[1] will be the first word of data mapped from the ControlLogix to the DeviceNet.

The location of all the rest of the data depends on how you've mapped it into the 62-word Block Transfer using RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

Thank you ! I started exactly how you have mentioned above. I simply made two rungs for BTR and BTW operation in contrologix, made the length of elements 62 and created two arrays having data type of INT[62]. I set the destination element as C594_DNet_Input[0] and source as C594_DNet_Output[0].
Now, in order to set the appropriate bit in the module command word (to map) how do I get to the following window and change the bits?

4.png

The User Manual illustration shows a PLC-5 Integer data table. In the User Manual example PLC-5 data table N10 is the source for the Block Transfer Write instruction.

You're using a ControlLogix array tag at the source for your Block Transfer Write, so the corresponding RUN bit would be the first bit in the first element of that array tag.

Like so:

SDN_Run_Bit.jpg

Scott you are correct this looks like a cluster to me.
Ken Roach is a guru in the automation world.

If I have a Dnet issue he is usually the second place I go for info.
This site is the first stop.

I once had a DeviceNet network that would randomly show that a second master was trying to be on the network. Odd ball crazy issue. Ken and myself talked over just about every scenario. It was a momentary short from RED to BLACK. this killed the master for a microsecond. We had to have scopemeters on the bus to see this. Ken pin pointed it before I was onsite. He was halfway around the world.