Visual Basic 6 or Visual Basic.net

STL???

Hi Guys,
We have a number of VB6 & 1 VB.net apps running on our production equipment. I'm interested to learn VB, basically to understand the workings of each project and eventually develop my own app's probably via OPC.

Hopefully some of the more experienced developers in this field could give me some advice!

i believe the two versions are completely different - but how different?

Do you think its still worth learning VB6 or should i just get started on the .net version (All our newer app's will be this)

Thanks for any advice you have in this matter.

STL

Go with .net anything new is going to be .net and if you decide to take some classes they will probably be .net too. Kepware has a .net client for thier OPC server, though you have to call them to get it last I checked.

Please only start learning VB.NET.
VB6 and VB.NET are completly different.

VB6 is only event controlled.
VB.NET is object oriented.