VM OS Corruption Post Studio 5000 Installation

emperorloki

We are experiencing VM OS corruption after Studio 5000 installation. This has occurred for several VMs. Strangely enough, not every VM is affected. We have observed corruption immediately after installation or up to 10 days later. Some more information below:

- VMWare Server 6.7 update 3
- Windows Server 2019 Standard
- Studio 5000 multiversion installed with the following modules:
- FactoryTalk Linx
- FactoryTalk Alarms and Events
- FactoryTalk Activation Manager
- Logix Designer v31, v32, and v33
- RSLinx Classic
- Logix Designer Compare Tool
- Boot DHCP
- Ethernet IP Address

Has anyone seen a similar issue? Would really appreciate any help 🔨

Welcome to the forum.

first question, where did you get the installation file?
the reason i ask is because i remember that several virus files mimicked the ab installation of several programs. i cannot remember how long ago or the file names.

second question, what os are you using and what software are you trying to install? there may be compatibility issues.

regards,
james

After you install Windows Server 2019 Standard, do you allow it to download all updates before you move on to installing other software? Or have you tried disabling Windows automatic updates?