Voice controlled PLC interface released

what I need is someone who can charactorize this.
# The Boss, ordering a worker to push the machine buttons #
- Voice controlled PLC -

Oh - this one could go in some funny directions I would suggest.
Many years ago I used a PLC voice card (back in the old Omron C200H days) with a speaker mounted in the front of the board. Programmed some good ones into that for so called 'operators'. They complained that the PLC was offensive as it told them (trained operators?) when they did something stupid. The union came in and had it pulled out!

I remember those cards - Toyota didn't want them.
a rittle bit hard to risten to

I quite often use Citect to play wav files to notify operators.
My favourite is the robot on Lost in Space saying "Danger, Will Robinson, Danger" when there is something I need to get their attention for.

One good thing about voice controlled PLCs is at least Scotty will be able to work it when he comes back in time to get a whale. =)

There has to be some Star Trek fans on this forum. XD

One good thing about voice controlled PLCs is at least Scotty will be able to work it when he comes back in time to get a whale. =)

There has to be some Star Trek fans on this forum. XD
there's a good chance I might be that.

I quite often use Citect to play wav files to notify operators.
My favourite is the robot on Lost in Space saying "Danger, Will Robinson, Danger" when there is something I need to get their attention for.

I like the Cylon "By your command" from the old Battlestar Gallactica TV series.

Last edited: