Web tension to load cell force. Is there an ideal ratio?

HJTRBO

Hey again,

The learning is progressing well and my winder application has changed alot since I last asked for assistance. I took back the big 8 pole and swapped it for a nice nimble 1.1kW 6 pole with a 7:1 helical gearbox. The specs changed.

I'm now sizing the load cells and I was just wondering what a good wrap angle is? Based on my calculations with a web tension of 200N and a wrap angle of 45deg on each side of the horizontal (i.e 90 deg total wrap and she's pulling from left to right) I get a resultant force of 282.84N spread across two load cells. That is a ratio of web tension to load cell force of 141%.

I only found out about this ratio today and what a large effect a change in wrap angle has on the resultant measuring force. So i'm curious, what is a good ratio (or wrap angle) to work to?