Weird repeating Siemens issue

The scan time typically runs at approximately 20-30ms, which obviously is not that close to 150ms.

We are shut down today (scheduled) and the chiefs were "insisting" that I do something, even if it is kind of a guess. So, taking what you all have told me, and holding my breath, I replaced the CPU. I am guessing it went ok, they have not started back up yet, but I never replaced a Siemens module before.

Only 2 questions left (for now):

1. My bosses were asking if it could be a particular module that was going bad, and I told them that something from that module would have showed up in the buffer. Does that sound right?

2. What are floating point instructions?

1. My bosses were asking if it could be a particular module that was going bad, and I told them that something from that module would have showed up in the buffer. Does that sound right?

2. What are floating point instructions?

First, I think youre right
As for second, floating point instruction are just another idiom for REAL number arithmetics ( that numbers with decimal point...🍺)

Ok, one new question:

Why would I not be able to establish a connection with a new CPU? The error messages tell me that the connection partner is not communicating. Some kind of addressing error?

Is the CPU running otherwise ?
Any error LEDs on the CPU ?
Are there any HMI that is also connected ? If so, is the HMI working OK ?

I think that the old 315-2DP is with the MC card, not the MMC card, is that right ?
Did you replace the CPU with exactly the same type or a newer type ?
How did you transfer the program to the replacement CPU ?

I was scared to post anything on here for a while, due to not wanting to jinx myself. I figure nine months removed from the issue, everything must be ok now. I was just checking back in today and wanted to remember and thank all you fine gentlemen for your assistance last July. For the record, I replaced the CPU and all my (related) problems went away. Thanks a lot guys, I could never have made it through without your help, and my entire department did not get fired!