What kind of software is included on the CD supplied with the Siemens OP 73 panel

Boyko

SIMATIC OPERATOR PANEL OP 73 3" LC DISPLAY, BACKLIT, WITH GRAPHICS CAPABILITY, MPI-/PROFIBUS-DP INTERFACE, UP TO 1.5MB, CONFIGURABLE WINCC FLEXIBLE 2004 COMPACT HSP UPWARDS, CONTAINS OPEN-SOURCE-SW, WHICH IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE. FOR DETAILS SEE ENCLOSED CD
Whats that open source SW?

Some of the software used on the Win CE based panels is open source that is distributed with the GNU license.
This means that Siemens has to distribute the source code of the software in order to be allowed to use it.
I dont remember exactly what it is, but you can try to look through the documentation for the panel.

Update.

Hi, I just learned that the smallest panels in the new series are with Linux and not Windows CE.

So what you have on the CD is probably a Linux distribution for the OP73 panel.