When connect to PLC as modbus, need to converting as ladder logic for modbus?

emperer989

Hi all,
Please understand that I am not good at English.

I have plan to project with one of our customer have the Ls XGB-XBC-DR60SU PLC.
This PLC CPU is has not Ethernet, only supported serial (Cnet).
Also, Ls is using XGT protocol.
If using Modbus, as I mentioned to subject, need to convert as ladder logic for Modbus?
In other words, Is the register device in the PLC depends on whether Modbus or another protocol?
I'm not sure if it should written for XGT or Modbus when in the first place writing the ladder logic to the PLC.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It looks like you will need the XG5000 programming software and a USB cable to program this PLC. With this software you can write a program. This program will define what the other communication ports of the controller will do. One of those things will be modbus. I am not sure wether it can be a modbus master or a modbus slave. With modbus, you send data to and from another device which speaks the opposite modbus (eg. Master -> Slave or Slave -> Master)