Where to download Demo of RSlogix 5000 v.16

I'd be looking at a 1769-L16ER-BB1B. Uses Logix 5000 v20 and upwards, has it's own power supply, has onboard digital I/O, and the expansion cards for it are 1734 point i/o, so much cheaper than your 1769 compact i/o. Or you could even look at one of the 1769-L24ER-...can't remember the rest of the part number offhand but it also has analog inputs/analog outputs/high speed counters all onboard.

Might be harder to pick up secondhand (i.e. cheap) but gives you a much neater solution that, especially in the case of the L16, is much cheaper to expand.

I will start searching. Thanks for the response.

Being able to practice add-ons, (not available in 13 if I see the Project Tree correctly) would be another advantage of the 1769-L16ER-BB1B and using ver 20. Maybe I can find a deal. Like you said, cheaper as I expand is always a plus...

lookin at a grand so far for the aforementioned, A 1769 L30 from power supply to I/O may be half that initially anyway not counting analog, I lose the ver 20 option so I will wait into November anyway holding out for the best option.

Thanks again for the response. I don't get many. too rudimentary I guess....

putting in 10 hours a day learning. I have tags conquered for the most part and just getting the software, downloading, activating and now using it was a leap as it was a decade since I programmed 500