Where to learn about Flags?

Awesome.
It's a shame how one rude person can leave such a bad impression.

I am in no way trying to rise at your expense. I know how badly I can screw up (I recently demonstrated this on the forum).
I do not try to offend you - I am absolutely indifferent to your feelings.
I state the facts:
communication was "cute" - fact
you wrote a bunch of cute nonsense - fact
you understand NOTHING is a fact

I have indicated these facts in order to encourage you to further study the issue, namely:

SOLVE the #8 task.

This is a simple task (but with some trick) that can help you figure out your question
Forum members would probably try to help you figure it out

Given that,
"I actually had a co-worker who is very experienced at PLCs teach me how to assign the bits to the different inputs and outputs in the circuit"
Your experience may not be enough to understand what flags are for

I am in no way trying to rise at your expense. I know how badly I can screw up (I recently demonstrated this on the forum).
I do not try to offend you - I am absolutely indifferent to your feelings.
I state the facts:
communication was "cute" - fact
you wrote a bunch of cute nonsense - fact
you understand NOTHING is a fact

I have indicated these facts in order to encourage you to further study the issue, namely:

SOLVE the #8 task.

This is a simple task (but with some trick) that can help you figure out your question
Forum members would probably try to help you figure it out

Given that,
"I actually had a co-worker who is very experienced at PLCs teach me how to assign the bits to the different inputs and outputs in the circuit"
Your experience may not be enough to understand what flags are for

The "fact" is that your rude comments and "cute" references are totally unnecessary. Your parents should have taught you that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I do understand some of it, regardless of what you think or want to believe. I understand what the exercise is wanting me to do (it's exercise #4, not #8, speaking of not understanding). And if I understood flags, there would have been no point in getting on here and asking the question. That's the point of a help forum.
Just because I don't understand this specific function does not mean that I do not understand anything. You are rude, unhelpful and arrogant and my advice is that you do not reply to peoples' posts unless you have something helpful to politely and respectfully contribute. For me, I am done with this conversation and will not waste any more of my time on you.

Maybe. I thought about that too, and if so I apologize. But I don't think that's it. And I've been making the issue worse by responding to him. Sorry for all the drama.

@CR you didn't bring any drama, some people are just clueless. They love talking about facts, but ignore the fact that they're stinking up the room. It's always nice seeing new faces, welcome to the forum!

@MaxK,

One could assume that the exercises in LogixPro are arranged in order of increasing difficulty. Given that the OP was stuck on exercise #4, it seems a bit illogical to suggest they jump ahead to exercise #8 for clarification.

in my opinion, this is perhaps the one of the fundamental task for control systems engineers

When I was given a task with two bits and @#$%, actually, it was not the answer that was important, but the questions that I began to ask when solving the task.

it seems to me that the fundamental approach to control systems is changing

@CR6890
#8 try to give a description for all combinations of bits