where to sell my software

stoneyengle

hy guys, i was in maintenance at a local factory or 26 years till they shut down and moved to China, but anyway i aquired our allen bradley software and some plc's and cables. iv'e got plc5 software with 1 opened and two sealed activation file disks and i have A.I. software for plc2's and plc500's and micrologix. about 8 or 10 micrologix 1000's and a few slick 500's and cable's, pic moduals, and stuff. i just wanted to know if there is a market for this and where would be my best bet to sell it. ive played around with it my garage but really havnt found a need for it. thanks for your time. Stoney Engle

Is the software license on your name or still under you company?
Unless your company transferred the license to you, they still own it, it does not matter who has a master disk.

As Contr_Conn mentioned, software licenses aren't the same as physical possession of the activation diskettes.

It's relatively easy to transfer the licenses from one person or company to another:

http://www.software.rockwell.com/support/regtrns/

If you can't get the licenses transferred to you, you can't sell the licenses.

Most businesses won't want to buy "activation only, no license" because they can't get upgrades or technical support for the software, and using unlicensed software is a clear violation of copyright. Hobbyist users might be less concerned with support, upgrade, and exposure to liability.

There are fewer EBay postings these days because the modern activations are harder to counterfeit, and most EBay postings for industrial software are historically not legitimate.

i understand what your saying about the licensing and i may be able to get it transfered. im stil in touch with the original company as there corperate headquarters is here in the states and the company i work for now is in there old facility. so i will look into that.im not sure that the old AI software is even still suported. but thank you all for your time and coments. Stoney Engle