Where to start: Modic. Premium w/no docs

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Where to I start on this one.

Modicon Premium, TSXP57203, for PL7.

The system is presently operating, but there are no documents.

Really: none.

There appears to be no less than 30+ ModBus connections (starters, drives, etc.) , as well as HMI(ethernet).

It is possible to reverse the engineer the entire system, with a PLC image?

Oh, I forgot, ... no PLC project files.

SO, the first step is to suck the PLC program out of this processor.

Is THAT even possible?

I have PL7 Jr. v4.5, and a USB cable.

There are two DIN ports on the processor.

So, Modicon experts, how would one start a deal like this?

I dont use the TSX57 range but i'm used to the TSX37 range, I Use PL7 pro software and can pull out a program from the processor.

If the program had rung comments originally they will be present in the backup but no I/O comments are stored.

Do you have an electrical schematic? that would fill in a few blanks.

Are the ports you mention TER & AUX?

The port names you list sound right...they are both small DIN type connectors.

And, NO, no schematics at all.
Nothing.

To suck the program of you must connect to the ter port and connect to plc using unitelway driver. the when asked tranfer from plc to pc. As said above you will not have any i/o comments cause you dont have the original program. Also I dont think with pl7 junior you will be able to connect to premium plc's. Only pl7 pro. I will double check this