Why is RSLogix 50000 Afraid of Success?

brstilson

Got this kind of weird "error" message. You see, I'm not quite sure it is one, but regardless what I'm trying to do doesn't work: http://i.imgur.com/H7wlqbK.png

Basically, I'm trying to change a 1769-L32E controller project to a 1769-L36ERM controller project. And every time I attempt to do so, RSLogix successfully, umm, fails.

...let's see...RSL5 is some thirty years old...RSL500 twenty...RSL5K... ummm... ten-ish or so.
If I try hard to figure out some release pattern it means that pretty soon we will have the RSL50K...(y)

I saw the typo as soon as I posted. Oh well.

Anyway, the L32E project was originally created in v20, and I was trying to convert it to the L36ERM also in v20, which is the only version those two series have in common.

...let's see...RSL5 is some thirty years old...RSL500 twenty...RSL5K... ummm... ten-ish or so.
If I try hard to figure out some release pattern it means that pretty soon we will have the RSL50K...(y)
I wonder why there was never an RSLogix 50?... :unsure:

🍻

-Eric

RSLogix5000 said:
Failed to change the controller type. The operation completed successfully.

That's awesome that our processors are getting so intelligent that they argue with themselves. Pretty soon they will be ordering themselves Prozac..
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, now I see the pic I remember seeing one about 20 years ago....

How could I forget ?