WinCC - Can I change colour of button when unacknowledge alarms exist?

matt_sd

Hi guys,

I am having trouble doing this. Cant see a way of setting a tag when there are any unacknowledged alarms.

Otherwise the user has to go into the alarm list to check if there are alarms rather than a button that could change to red on the main overview.

Is it possible and any help how to do this appreciated.

Matt

Been looking again this morning,just can't see it - maybe it has to be done some way in scripting - surely many people would require this functionality..

Any WinCC experts?

WinCC Flex 2008 - Micro, Compact, Standard or Advanced

How are you triggering the alarms?
If you are using seperate bits or an integer you can compare them to '0' (zero)

If the comparisons do not equal zero then you can trigger a bit to the HMI stating an alarm is present.

With that you can make the alarm reset button flash with the apperance funtion of a button in the properties.

I use advanced not sure what features are available in others like Micro.

Last edited:
this is advanced,

I could always do this in the PLC but there are 100's of alarms at all different memory locations therefore I would just like to find a Wincc system bit, something like either: -

any alarm in alarm list BOOL

or number of alarms in alarm list INTEGER > 0

But can't find how to do this in WinCC

Lots of other Scada programs have system bits for no of alarms etc, does this exist in WinCC?

Thanks Matt

Cant help ya with that one then.
I'm not to handy with scripting.

Alarm systems I do are sequential bits and I monitor if they are cleared in the plc.

Sorry.

I'll look around a little and see if I can find anything.

How is your alarm list activated?
An integer, array of integers, array of bits?

Last edited:
hi JOLTRON,

thanks for your replys.

I did it in the end using the PLC, and set a bit that WinCC read.

The alarm reset button was setting a bit in the PLC anyway to unlatch alarms so made sense.

Thanks for your comments - I have learnt a lot about WinCC and is a good package when used with Siemens S300 PLCs.

Matt

Check for the Alarm indicator.

This nice lil thing can be placed in the template and it can be made visible whevever there are pending alarms.
Another nice feature, you can program it so once clicked on it, it opens the alarm page.

Jeebs, do you know of any way to disable the Alarm indicator? The damn thing drives me nuts sitting there blinking even after the alarms are long gone!

Haven't been able to find any mention of it in the properties list.

Edit: Solved it - the default is to show the indicator if there are any Alarms which haven't been acknowledged. Since I don't have any alarms on this system that need to be acknowledged disabling that option solved the problem.

Last edited:
We only have Pending selected as not all alarms need to be acknowledged.
Yup I know we need to split them up in Errors and Warnings, but ain't got the time atm for it....:D