WinCC Flexible and word tags for showing machine status

kemppioy

Hello,

I want to give machine status texts on the screens of my OP panel but instead of layering many different texts on top of each other I want to use a word tag and read bits from the word and then show texts based on what bit is triggered. i.e. If bit 0 is triggered the text will read running,,, bit 1 would be stopping, bit 2 idle..etc. There would only be one text field on the screen and it will change the texts based on the bit in the word that is triggered. How do I do that with WinCC? Currently I have about 10 different individual texts that are visible when their discrete tag is activated.

Thanks

PK

To elaborate just a weee bit:

Open project > Tools > Simple objects > Symbolic IO Field.(drag drop to where you want it)

For this IO-field:
General > Settings > Mode > Output
General > Process > Tag > select the 'word'-tag
General > Display > Text list > Select your newly made text list.

To create a Text list:
Project(left side tree menu) > Text and Graphics Lists > Text lists > create a new one.
After creating a new text list > Selection > Bit number (0-31)
In the bottom view you can now enter your text and define which bit will show the text.

Remember: Only 1 bit can be true at any given time. If more then one bit is true, then no text will be shown.

Hope that helps...:D

Edit: Various typo's (need my morning coffee)