Windows 7 and Simatic Primary setup tool problem

hill831017

Seems like this tool only could find device when the windows has internet access.
Once I set Advanced TCP/IP Setting to Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP, then it's working even without internet access. But now it's not working again.
Anyone has the same problem to work with Siemens Primary Setup tool under Windows 7? And how you solve it.?

There is since a version of Simatic software (since STEP7 v5.4 SP4 ?) a new ethernet driver on the PC called Profinet IO RT Protocol v2.0.
If this one is disabled, it will also disable the ability to search for the MAC addresses. Maybe you should check that.
If changing this parameter, you should ether cycle power, or disable-enable the network card before the change is effective.

I had the same problem, and it had me scratching my head for a long time, since there is another driver called SIMATIC Industrial Ethernet (ISO) which I thought was used for the searching for the MAC addresses. Appearantly the new driver takes over for this functionality.

Hello JesperMP, I had all these drive ues for the connection.
-DLC protokoll
-Profinect IO RT Protocol V2.0
-Simatic industrial ethernet(ISO)
-Profinet IO RT-Protocol(LLDP)
When it's not working sent/Received bytes is always the same.
I think I will keep scratching my head for a while.

There is since a version of Simatic software (since STEP7 v5.4 SP4 ?) a new ethernet driver on the PC called Profinet IO RT Protocol v2.0.
If this one is disabled, it will also disable the ability to search for the MAC addresses. Maybe you should check that.
If changing this parameter, you should ether cycle power, or disable-enable the network card before the change is effective.

I had the same problem, and it had me scratching my head for a long time, since there is another driver called SIMATIC Industrial Ethernet (ISO) which I thought was used for the searching for the MAC addresses. Appearantly the new driver takes over for this functionality.

Finally find the problem. Broadcast is blocked by symantec endpoint protection - network threat protection. Hope this information is helpful for the others.