Wireless Comms

Nick.Ferguson

I know that there are a few threads about this, but all I have read are not what I'm looking for. Is there away to communicate between the PC and PLC for uploading, Downloading and On-line Editing. The setup would be temp use instead of using a cable. I plan on using it for DF1 comms on Micrologixs and 5/04s mostly. A couple of the plc I work with are running a conveyor system 100 ft long and it would be nice to see what was going on at the plc and the equipment.

Thanks for any info

If you can communicate with your PLC via Ethernet, then the off the shelf, commercial grade WLAN will work fine.

If it is serial, there are some WLANs that will link 2 serial ports, they tend to be only industrial and considerably more expensive. AD I think has one.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I have read a few threads regarding setting up an AP to wirelessly communicate with PLC networks, but I have a unique question on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am having lots of issues with wireless I/O and losses. Here is what the architecture is: Central - ControlLogix L62 processor. Remote 1...
Replies
Views
I want to communicate with a dlink pocket router / access point to an allen bradley 1756-L61 ControlLogix 5561 controller through an ethernet card...
Replies
Views
Ok.here goes. I need to connect 2 by micologix1200 plc's,approximately 200m distance between them with wireless ethernet. Then connect a SLC505...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using 2 Xstream rf modems to monitor a micrologix 1200 on a moving platform, with no problems. I now want to do exactly the same with a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom