wizcon scada

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Evening,
Any Wizcon users on here that would be willing to verify a project for me? I have a customer with a Wizcon system that we are looking into the options of replacing and we wanted to open the files to look at some settings.

They have the software and the program. I was able to install the software, but when I attempt to open the program, I get an error that says "failed to open wizcon". I am not sure whether it is a program problem or a software issue that would bring this error. I would be willing to send the files to someone else to see if the program opens correctly. Thanks.

Thanks. Yes I have it installed on a Windows 7 VM. Since I did some more work, it tries to open it, but still throws unpacking errors. I am suspicious that the files may not be complete.

Hello Lesmar

As far as I know Wizcon run,s only on Windows xp.
On a plant that I worked we had Wizcon 7.61 and in 2009 we upgraded to control maestro.
Control Maestro runs under W7 but Wizcon 7.61 not.
Between version 7 and control maestro there are Wizcon versions 8.x and 9.x after that the name was changed to control maestro 2008 SP1.

So try if it Will run in an Windows XP vm.

Kind regards
Henny

Hi Henny,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried it on my XP VM but I ran into IIS issues and so I tried it on my Win7 and then it installed. I will see if I can resolve the IIS issues on the XP VM.

Hello Lesmar

Any idea what the version is from Wizcon?
On what kind of operating system runs it now at your customer site?
Wizcon exists for a long time and there where versions for Dos, IBM Os2, Os2warp , Windows NT etc.

Have you installed Wizcon software in your vm and if so at least you should be able to make a new project?

Kind regards
Henny

Hello Lesmar

Any idea what the version is from Wizcon?
On what kind of operating system runs it now at your customer site?
Wizcon exists for a long time and there where versions for Dos, IBM Os2, Os2warp , Windows NT etc.

Have you installed Wizcon software in your vm and if so at least you should be able to make a new project?

Kind regards
Henny

It is running on XP at the customer site. I will try to get the exact version.

I have it installed on my XP VM, but I was trying to open the existing project. I hadn't thought of trying to start a new project. I will try that and report back.