Wonderware Archestra/Intouch questions

mrchris76

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I recently updated my controls system from standalone Intouch to Wonderware System Platform 2014 and Intouch 2014, using Achestra IDE. The update went pretty smoothly and I like the Archestra system so far. The problem that I am having is that I want to create a button that will show an Intouch screen. Our previous Intouch application I would just create the button and then under properties just check the show screen box and then select the screen from the listing that popped up. With Archestra I believe this can be done using the show graphics tab but when I try to use the "show" command for the script (ie. show "Pump Screen") it does not recognize that command.

I created a smart symbol of a button that performed the open screen function from my existing Intouch application and then embedded it into an Archestra symbol. I wanted to see how Arhcestra handled doing this so that I would have a reference in the future. When I openned the properties it had a reference to the screen but it was in the form "win01255.win". We save our screens with names ie. "Pump_screen".

1. Does anyone know how I can create a listing that will allow me to match up the Intouch naming "win01255.win" with the screen naming "Pump_screen"? I believe that Archestra treats the screens as objects but if there is no way to match up the screen names with the Intouch naming then this solution is lost.

2. Are there better solutions for what I am trying to do? I have been searching through the documentation and I have not been able to find any info on this subject beyond the basics of how the scripting works. I have created scripts in other applications but Archestra is new.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi Chris - When I have done similar upgrades, what I have done in this situation is to keep my window calls in Intouch using the same old "Show Window" action script that you would have been using before the upgrade. All my graphics, animations, and scripting I do in ArchestrA, but I place Intouch Objects behind my ArchestrA graphics in WindowMaker for navigation so that I can still call windows by name (and there is the added benefit that using this method, links stay linked when screen names get changed).

Hope this makes sense, let me know if it doesn't.