Wonderware - Reading DINT tags > 32767

Hi guys,

Have an existing Wonderware V9.5 setup I need to work with.

I'm trying to read a DINT tag from an AB Control Logix.

When I setup the tag in Wonderware I can only choose from IO Integer or Real, no selection for Double Integer.

I’ve tried setting it up as IO Integer with Min EU/RAW as 0 and Max EU/RAW as 99999999 however the highest number I can read in Wonderware is the integer limit of 32767 even if the tag value is greater than this in the PLC.

Must be missing something!

Cheers for any help.

Try setting it up as an IO Real tag. It should work as an Integer tag, but I've seen people read AB Integers as Reals with various WW IO Servers. It also works.

Is your item naming format correct for a DINT?

(This example is for DASSIDirect and not AB though)

dint.JPG

Each IO Server requires a different tagname "Item" structure for reading Dint and sometimes even real.
Using the GE Fanuc IO or DA servers, If "R153" was a DINT the tagname "Item" name would be "R153 L" (I would assume the "L" is for long).

You need to reference the IO Server or DaServer help files to see how to structure the tagname "Item" format in Intouch.