Writing values to tags on a Panelview Plus 700

mulderm

Hello,

I want to write values to tags on a Panelview Plus 700 using RSView ME Studio.
Must I use numeric input enable buttons to write values to the tags in the PLC5\25 processor?
I have 20 tags to write for, so I must have 20 input enable buttons and 20 function keys to press
the button!That's a lot!
Is there another way to do this?
With a selector?

mulderm

RSView ME uses "Macros" to set multiple tag values in the controller with a single button press.

Are you trying to do some kind of recipe, or set a number of values from a configuration screen ?

cant he just make the numeric displays touch sensitive. pop a keypad up when you touch the number you want to modify? no function keys.

The Panelview 700 is not a touch-screen but a keypad.
I want to set a value on the screen and send it to a PLC5\25
processor.
But I must have 20 tags to do it for.
Only one at a time must I send it to the plc5, the one that I
needed to change.
Example: Reading on the screen -> N7:0 = 221
Now I must input a value of 225 to send it to the PLC5 to change
the value from 221 to 225.
So totally 20 tags (N7:0 ... N7:19).

mulderm

If this is some type of recipe, it would be nice to be able to see all of the variables.

One way you might do it is with indirect addressing.
The first variable the operator enters will be the latter part of the address (0-19). This would be moved into say N7:30. Then they enter the second variable and move that into N7:40. Then just use a MOV block and use this format: MOV N7:40 into N7:[N7:30].
This should get you started.