WTA about nais FP1-C72 communication cable to a PC.

rotiturbo

can anyone how can i get the circuit diagram from Matsushita Nais FP1-C72 to com port of a personal computer?
The cable is from a 9 pin female (PLC) to a 9 pin male connector(PC).
i'm a student, so i have no contact to any vendor. I hope that someone can assist me to make my own communication cable.
thank u.

Last edited:
Help here... maybe.

I'm familiar with some of the NAIS family of FP1 PLCs. That 9 pin is probably a remote base port. There is another little round port that is actually the port you connect to a PC with. You need two cables, and it is actually best to purchase them. First, there is the AFP1523-US cable which has the round connector and a 15 pin D-Sub on the other end. Then there is the AFP8550, which is an RS-232/422 convertor in the cable.

I too once thought I could just wire a 9-pin cable to the PLC, but sorry it is not that simple.

Before you go ordering stuff, do you have software? If no, order software too.

Good luck,
Jimmy

PS - do you know anything about the FP1-E40 Expansion Module? I have one that is not communicating and need to know correct addressing.

nighthawkjw said:
Get this manual from the NAIS website: arct1f313ev9j
This is the FP Programming manual.

The site is here:
http://www.nais-e.com/plc/

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

i have tried the website the u gave me.
but i cant find any vendor who can supply the cables and adapter..
if there is any stock, it would cost me around usd250...
it is too expensive since i'm just a student..
i got that plc for just usd25....
a second hand one..
i visited a plc vendor before this, he said that we can communicate the plc using the serial port..
that way i'm looking for the serial port diagram..
thank anyway..