Xmas Puzzle 2020 (3)

L D[AR2P#0.0]

Lifetime Supporting Member
Two brothers were walking down the road. The first brother poses a question to the other:

'If I take the digits 1 through 9 and write them down in sequence, what combination of multiplies and divides would I need between each of the digits so that the result is the age of our father'

The second brother replies - 'You've got me stumped there'

The first brother then says 'Well, there are no adjacent divides in the answer'

The second brother then comes up with the solution, can you?

Here's a couple of examples showing possible results

1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 / 6 x 7 x 8 x 9 =

1 x 2 / 3 x 4 / 5 x 6 x 7 x 8 x 9 =

Clarification request: are non-integer final and/or results acceptable?

I.e.

• a divide before 7 would produce a final result that is non-integer
  • divides before 3 and 6 would produce intermediate results that are non-integer, but a multiply before 9 mould make the final result an integer.